Very Excited!!!!!!!!
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Happy  Very Excited!!!!!!!!
I have talked in the past about fighting for DID supports in my area. Alberta Canada. When I first moved here there was nothing but private but now apparently there is a tiny bit in the public sector. But nothing else.

I have felt very much alone of late, even before I lost the cat. Well I have always felt alone, Even in a room full of people. Especially in a room full of people. I get lost in my writing but other than that I have nobody who understands me.

For years I talked to people that could do something. One government person had unique response when I asked why there were no supports for DID and so much for Schizophenia. Stats are the same. She sent a response through her assistant. "There is so much support for S because families got involved. Perhaps your family could help you out." I was so angry I cried. And hurt. Even the assistant knew how idiotic the statement was.

I gave up for a while but the aloneness has been eating away at me. So I talked about it with my doctor and there is a province wide support system that I held up to him. He recommended that I check them out. I called last week and got in yesterday.

The woman had just come from a meeting and one of the topics was finding holes in the mental health system. She said he actually grinned when she told him about my call and pending meeting. Nothing is locked down but it is my first sign of hope.

I don't want group therapy. I want a place where we can get together and talk. Talk about what we struggle with. What our dreams are. Go for coffee together. e able to laugh at things Two said (not hurtful laugh Two)... Things monominds don't understand.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014, 01:48 PM by The People.)
11-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Very Excited!!!!!!!!
so hoping it comes through for you. you are due some positives
11-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Friendship/Support  RE: Very Excited!!!!!!!!
Oh, that does sound wonderful. Good for you for continuing to voice your need, being your own ferocious advocate. i hope it bears lots of fruit for you all, as well as for others also in dire need of this support.
11-26-2014, 01:08 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Very Excited!!!!!!!!
Thank you both. I feel positive about this one as it was face to face and the other woman was pumped as well.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-26-2014, 02:18 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Very Excited!!!!!!!!
Good luck!

MDs
11-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Silly Hi and so excited yeah Serenity 10 7,375 02-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn