Stay safe New Yorkers!
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Feedback  Stay safe New Yorkers!
Just saw a live broadcast on Facebook. Hope my friend MD and anyone else from here who lives in that area is at home, wrapped in their best fluffy blanket and drinking the hot beverage of their choice.
11-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: Stay safe New Yorkers!
No snow on Long Island. Knock on wood. Maybe the snow is upstate. They can have it.

Thanks,

Laura and others
11-20-2014, 12:00 AM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: Stay safe New Yorkers!
Buffalo. Although I am sure you know this by now. Can never keep that area straight.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Yep, Buffalo. We're really glad that we're not there.

We're getting a lot of rain today. NYC will get slush; north and west will get snow. We'll take the rain.

MDs
11-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: Stay safe New Yorkers!
Once again, the northeast US is getting lots-o-snow. This time the NYC area is definitely affected. Predictions are mostly in the 18-24" range. Undecided

We went to work in the morning but left at lunchtime. The office is officially closed this afternoon and all day tomorrow, so we will not get charged for absence during this time. Beyond that, we have to see.

Glad we stocked up on enough food for several days.

MDs
01-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Hi! Thanks. It was no big deal here. I didn't think it would be. Slushy, which will turn into a skating rink later. Boston, at least while I was living there, handled a foot or so of snow a lot better than NYC with under a foot. The infrastructure and economics aren't up to functioning. Doesn't take much for the subway switches to malfunction. I used to go out in blizzards in NYC. I'd go to Central Park. I could understand the City shutdown, but I was uneasy....
I also stocked up, just in case. MDs, glad you have some time off.
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
01-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Yeah, about a foot here too. Thank goodness "Snowmageddon" was less than expected. We hear that Jersey only got about six inches. Harrumph.

Skippy the Wonder Landlord was kind enough to run the snow blower, but he didn't clear behind our car (we parked in the "half" of his 1.5 car driveway). Nor did he remember to shovel the front stoop. We borrowed his shovel and later were able to pull out of the driveway and park on the side street.

Public transit is back on schedule, and the office will reopen tomorrow. As long as our T is able to get to her office, things should be back to our brand of normal.

Thanks,

Laura and others
01-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

It will move into maritime Canada. There a heavy storm guarantees power outages. possibly for days on end. Usually by the time it reaches there it has slowed down but not enough. Here we hover above 0c and cope with snow mould, that black stuff that sits on top of the snow and makes a lot of people sick, including me. Very sick here.
01-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Stay safe New Yorkers!
Hoping you feel better soon. How much snow is on the ground in your part of AB?

MDs
01-27-2015, 06:55 PM
Website Find Reply