I wish.......
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: I wish.......
(09-16-2014, 05:43 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: Strangers are coming into my home tomorrow and Saturday. So after work on those days I have to find something to do so I am not here. I am not allowed to be here because it could make the potential byers uncomfortable. It is just UNF*CKING BELIEVABLE!
Thanks for listening everyone.
Tangled

Hah, i'd make sure to be there cooking something smelly on the stove and glaring at those 'visitors' for their entire visit or alternatively enthusiastically telling them everything wrong with the place! they are invading YOUR space and that owner is an idiot if he thinks you have to cooperate in the loss of your home. This is what passive-aggressive was made for...
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-17-2014, 03:53 AM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
ha ha I agree with nats. tell them everything that's wrong with the place, point it out. sounds like something I'd do. I've even told tenants my struggles with management. I have even told them about troublesome neighbors. I laugh now when I think about that, but I wasn't happy at the time. take your power back.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
09-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
(09-17-2014, 03:53 AM)nats Wrote: Hah, i'd make sure to be there cooking something smelly on the stove and glaring at those 'visitors' for their entire visit or alternatively enthusiastically telling them everything wrong with the place! they are invading YOUR space and that owner is an idiot if he thinks you have to cooperate in the loss of your home. This is what passive-aggressive was made for...

Yeah, really. Once we had to rent a car, and the agent was trying to get us to buy that useless "rental insurance" so that we wouldn't end up with a rate hike if we got the rental into an accident.

So we turned to him in front of the three or four other people in the waiting room and said in a clear voice, "So, you want me to pay for insurance even though I already have rental coverage on my own auto policy? You want me to pay twice for the same coverage?"

That was the end of *that* conversation. Dodgy

MDs
09-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Website Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Other/All/Unsure   RE: I wish.......
(09-17-2014, 03:53 AM)nats Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 05:43 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: Strangers are coming into my home tomorrow and Saturday. So after work on those days I have to find something to do so I am not here. I am not allowed to be here because it could make the potential byers uncomfortable. It is just UNF*CKING BELIEVABLE!
Thanks for listening everyone.
Tangled

Hah, i'd make sure to be there cooking something smelly on the stove and glaring at those 'visitors' for their entire visit or alternatively enthusiastically telling them everything wrong with the place! they are invading YOUR space and that owner is an idiot if he thinks you have to cooperate in the loss of your home. This is what passive-aggressive was made for...

I agree, especially now that I know the jerk won't let you out of the lease. How unfair! Yes, he's being inconsiderate and uncooperative. I wouldn't bend over backwards to help him sell at all. It's one thing to feel disappointed and triggered by space invasion, but it's a different thing altogether to be used by the owner like a puppet all the while being trapped in the lease. Bah! I think this part of it might be what's really triggering abuse issues even more. Used and trapped. His treatment of you pushes the situation past the "normal' inconvenience and discomfort of having the place you're renting go up for sale and shown to potential buyers. I'm sooooo sorry!
09-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Find Reply