Messages In This Thread
RE: Better late than never? (first post) - Unity - 06-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Better late than never? (first post)
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Better late than never? (first post)
I guess the whole issue of 'sense of self' and being "detached from the present" etc related to dissociation can be acting on when reading and lead to strange state =) The thing is i'm used to also read technical manual, documentations etc so these stuff i know i need to memorize it, so i'm also used to also read things with memorisation in mind, but when it's fictional book it's clear sometime i notice i'm like reading and turning pages but it's like ok what were the last page about idk, well it's sometime like i get into a scene in the book and i realize i missed whole pages and i don't know how it got there, sometime i have to force myself to really being able to 'remain there' while reading =) But for me it's already sort of scary when that happen because normally i'm used to have rather good reading/attention/memorisation of things when i'm concentrated, so it's clear it sort of freak me out when i realize i can't really keep track of a fictional book because my mind wander off even if i'm reading more or less =)

It does this to me with certain movies, but with movies it's clearly related with certain things, like when i watched the whole GITS season and it got me in total bad trip, i watched the 3 seasons in a raw like whole afternoon, the only episode i really remember is the one when it's the story of motoko because there is no violence in this episode i guess, all the other, i could barely say what they were about. But this one i remember almost all the scenes. I intend on watching it again because i love GITS in the manga, but it did me a very intense reaction last time.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 07:43 PM by Unity.)
06-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Better late than never? (first post) - Unity - 06-17-2015, 07:28 PM