Hi! I'm new here…
Shankari Offline

Threads: 1
Spiritual content  Hi! I'm new here…
Hi! My name is Shankari. This is my first time posting here. I read all the instructions, but have already forgot most of them, so hope I do this correctly!

I am a yogi, live in California, love animals, and am a singleton. Please don't judge me. I can't help it. It's just the way my mind works.

I do have some experience loving and relating to folks with DID, however, because my mother and my late partner, both had DID, as does my boyfriend, who I love very much. He is 21 and lives in India. I am… well, older! We have known each other for about 2 1/2 years, but have only been in a relationship about 5 months. He has never seen a T or doctor for DID or any mental disoroder. We are not aware of any resources in India. He has just graduated from the University in New Delhi and is very intelligent and creative.

I hope that we will become friends and that you can all help me to be a better partner for my boyfriend. I'm sure you can all teach me a lot.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2014, 10:45 PM by Shankari.)
06-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Hi! I'm new here…
Welcome to MM. Hope you can find what you are looking for here.
What does being a yogi mean?
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-29-2014, 03:24 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Hi! I'm new here…
Hi Shankari,

Welcome to the forums. We do have a few singleton members, and we welcome "significant others." We hope that you will feel welcome here.

We encourage you to read the community guidelines if you haven't already done so. We also recommend that you check out the post on message rating icons, which is located here:

http://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=435

We look forward to getting to know you.

MakersDozn (MDs)
06-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
welcome to MM!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Find Reply
Shankari Offline

Threads: 1
Spiritual content  RE: Hi! I'm new here…
Thanks for the welcome, everybody…
Tangled Web- A yogi is someone who has attained the goal of yogic spiritual practice which is a state of Oneness with the Self, or God. Yogic practices leading to that state include meditation, chanting, contemplation, japa (silent mantra repitition), selfless service, worship,and prayer. In my case, I am a disciple of Sw. Gurumayi Chidvilasananda, of Siddha Yoga lineage. Thanks for asking.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2014, 02:15 PM by Shankari.)
07-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Hi Shankira. I don't come to this board often. We have had other partners, spouses etc. of people with DID. Some of us are children of someone with DID and have siblings with same as well as having it ourselves.

I have done yoga but not at your level. A very calming way to live.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-25-2015, 02:44 AM
Find Reply