Internal battle
canucklady1971 Offline

Threads: 8
Internal battle
I am just getting back to work after being on medical leave for about 7 months

I pushed my doctor to allow me to go back to work part time at least. Now I am thinking it might have been a mistake

I tend to not be able to say no and part time hours have blurred into full time hours without me know. Workaholic part just takes over and I cannot seem to leave anything unfinished

Only problem is teen part wants time to play music, take photos, etc and is angry that I am back at work. Which causes binge eating and other self harm.

Just tired of battling and then I am not able to function at all
06-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Internal battle
Glad to see you again, canucklady. Welcome back.

We're sorry that it's been difficult for you to go back to work. You mentioned that it may be too much for you to work full-time. Is there any way that you can reduce your hours?

We understand internal battles and various insiders wanting to do different things. Negotiation with the others may help. If they step back and allow you to get things done at work, then maybe they can have time to do things that they enjoy at home.

Good luck,

MDs
06-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Internal battle
Welcome back canucklady also. I understand the workaholic part very well and it makes it feel like it is impossible to say no. Finding that balance is never an easy thing. I hope you find some middle ground soon.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Internal battle
great to see you canucklady! everyone struggles with balance. it's something that requires a lot more practice than most of us realise. hope you can negotiate a balance between work and non-work needs. it does take practice though, so don't worry if it takes a little while to find a satisfactory mix.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question No internal space?? Blue 18 13,657 05-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Last Post: The People
Scared Internal battle over therapy 57thomas 6 5,893 04-29-2015, 06:33 AM
Last Post: cew
Other/All/Unsure Internal Communication (or Lack Thereof) MakersDozn 3 3,473 07-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  Internal family systems theory? weberr13 8 7,719 09-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Last Post: elizabeth