going to college as a multiple
kittyfamily Offline

Threads: 16
going to college as a multiple
We are going to college in the fall. I've only recently realized we are multiple. I'm wondering if anyone one else here is in or has gone to college . How might being multiple impact us in college? since I am so new at this we have no idea.....Huh
05-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: going to college as a multiple
lots of issues will be the same as for a singleton going to college for the first time. one thing that may be different for multies is staying in college dorms or in student housing. will you be doing that or commuting? another issue depends on what you're studying, b/c multies can trigger at different (and often more) things than singletons tend to. college is usually an exciting and stressful time for anyone!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Find Reply
kittyfamily Offline

Threads: 16
we are planning in living in a dorm. we are just really new to this whole multiple thing.....though probably everyone was always there,I just didn't know it.....
05-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
we lived in dorms the first year and had a great time. weren't accustomed to living with that many other people and had some trouble about eating enough in one place that didn't provide meals, but overall very positive. best advice is perhaps just to pay attention internally and respect the reactions you feel (e.g. if someone's scared about something, listen and respect the feelings even if you don't understand why). everyone reacts differently, so see how you get on and keep talking here if you're at all worried. Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-21-2014, 03:58 AM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
Pretty much what nats said plus time management and such. People in your system need to understand the importance of working together (or at minimum allowing others to work) to keep to the class schedule and get the work done. This issue comes up pretty much everywhere for multiples, not just school. That was our issue mostly. We commuted cuz we were already living in our own apartment.

If you find certain classes or the workload too much, then give yourselves permission to dial it down and take on fewer classes or be flexible about what classes you take, especially electives. There were some things we knew we had issues with, and we saved those subjects for summer session where we could just deal with that one class and get it over with as quickly as possible.

People will naturally have different interests, so use elective classes to your advantage. If your major is a total bore to some people and they complain and groan, let them pick an elective course that interests them. It's a great time actually for insider people to explore different interests either through academics or activities. Some people might love and be good at the studying but others who hate it also get the chance to do something else they like. That's actually the benefit of living on campus. I think on campus where there are many students in dorms you have more or easier access to activities and social stuff. Work as a group to make it work. There will be a lot of discussion and compromising so good system communication is very important.

Lea
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
05-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question multiple battles nats 5 3,779 02-08-2016, 10:59 PM
Last Post: The People
Doing okay Two defines being multiple The People 4 3,933 09-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Last Post: The People
Question What's Your Greatest Success As a Multiple? MakersDozn 8 5,619 05-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Unity
Just talking Well-Made News Video About Multiple Personality MakersDozn 4 5,081 04-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn