Useful apps for people with insiders
Downtherabbithole Offline

Threads: 29
Question  Useful apps for people with insiders
Hi I posted a question on therapy lane but it was suggested I post the question here as I might get more responses on this section. I wasn't sure which one to post this in but I appreciate advice like that it helps me being new figure out which place to post things.

Anyway question was did anyone have ideas about apps that could help insiders. Either to keep on top of every life things or help insiders express or relieve or distract heavy emotions? I've started using my iPad as my source for everything, planning budget journalling etc so everyone knows where to go and as I need to carry it with me I always have it whether at work or home. But not everyone inside expresses through writing and cause everyone's fighting for attention things get forgotten or neglected. Just in this past week I've been handed my power bills back from past week as my dad was helping me out by sending email to my real estate people as only part time and they sent me two bills at once. But in that period those two bills folded neatly have disappeared n I can't remember where could of gone. I have feeling of knowing what I'd teach in lessons but can't for life of me access what the hell that part of me has thought of doing. I start to do something or look for something n forget what was bout to do or look for moments later. Admittedly the more tired I am the worse it gets cause then its not just my insiders I have to contend with but my body as well being exhausted cause I barely sleep.
The more aware I become of the inside world the more I loose tough with the outside world and my world is falling alarm outside cause so many things not done that need to be but can't keep track of cause so all over the place. I thought if I put together a bunch of apps to cover life n emotions maybe I could feel a lil less like was coming apart at the seems.
03-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
RE: Useful apps for people with insiders
I like unicorn fart surprise! that is maybe not what you are looking for but i love it and it is a fun game for kids yes it is potty humor but what else do you expect from someone who's 6! I am not very sophisticated! I even just get older people to type for me because i am bad at it. I love farts. Where is Joseph MDs? you need this app. you would like it a lot.

oh wait i don't mean to say i love to smell farts. I love the funniness. I do not like the smell!
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 12:26 AM by The Warren.)
03-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
(03-24-2014, 07:10 PM)Downtherabbithole Wrote: Hi I posted a question on therapy lane but it was suggested I post the question here as I might get more responses on this section. I wasn't sure which one to post this in but I appreciate advice like that it helps me being new figure out which place to post things.

Anyway question was did anyone have ideas about apps that could help insiders. Either to keep on top of every life things or help insiders express or relieve or distract heavy emotions? I've started using my iPad as my source for everything, planning budget journalling etc so everyone knows where to go and as I need to carry it with me I always have it whether at work or home. But not everyone inside expresses through writing and cause everyone's fighting for attention things get forgotten or neglected. Just in this past week I've been handed my power bills back from past week as my dad was helping me out by sending email to my real estate people as only part time and they sent me two bills at once. But in that period those two bills folded neatly have disappeared n I can't remember where could of gone. I have feeling of knowing what I'd teach in lessons but can't for life of me access what the hell that part of me has thought of doing. I start to do something or look for something n forget what was bout to do or look for moments later. Admittedly the more tired I am the worse it gets cause then its not just my insiders I have to contend with but my body as well being exhausted cause I barely sleep.
The more aware I become of the inside world the more I loose tough with the outside world and my world is falling alarm outside cause so many things not done that need to be but can't keep track of cause so all over the place. I thought if I put together a bunch of apps to cover life n emotions maybe I could feel a lil less like was coming apart at the seems.

I don't know about the ap thing but with regards to bills we have set up everything so that it automatically taken from an account or my credit card. We did it with 1 when we signed up and it just made life so much easier and paperless that we did it for all of them. The credit card itself is the only one that cannot be set up that way and we have to figure something out there. I think I will call them and just state that I have "memory issues" and would benefit from having a paper copy of our statement. Another option would be for us to mark the calendar monthly to remember to go in and check the due date. Online calendars as well as the one on my phone are much more effective than one hanging on a wall. We can look a that and even if the thing is written down (if we remember to write it) it is like we don't even see it. With email, as it comes in we go straight to the calendar and enter in the event or whatever. For T and Pdoc appointments they are at the same time every session so we can set up the calendars that way as well. hat is our best tool.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Happy  RE: Useful apps for people with insiders
(03-25-2014, 12:24 AM)The Warren Wrote: I like unicorn fart surprise! that is maybe not what you are looking for but i love it and it is a fun game for kids yes it is potty humor but what else do you expect from someone who's 6! I am not very sophisticated! I even just get older people to type for me because i am bad at it. I love farts. Where is Joseph MDs? you need this app. you would like it a lot.

oh wait i don't mean to say i love to smell farts. I love the funniness. I do not like the smell!

Ha! Hi from Joseph to sidra! And the fart app sounds really fun! But we do not have a smartphone. Cuz Laura says that she would rather eat okra every day for the rest of her life than be assimilated into the Borg. Which would be gross cuz okra looks like snot and does not taste so good.

And happy farting! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Joseph Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2014, 07:58 PM by MakersDozn.)
03-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
totally agree with the People about automating everything - even credit cards if possible. otherwise things would never be paid on time.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

the adults in here keep meaning to come and list a bunch of apps they use. though they have android not ipad but many apps you can get both.

for money there is a website called mint.com that you can pull all your bank accounts and things in and help you manage your expenses. There is an app that goes with it too.

we auto pay some bills like the mortgage from our bank's online billpay. We also get bills in emails. When we get them in email we mark them special in the inbox then one day we sit down and go to our bank account and pay the bills. We have our bank account set to get bills for us automatically. We also use our bank app.

We make automatic savings. Everymonth money is transfered from checking to savings.

Here are some apps we like
Out of Milk - grocery and shopping lists.
Sleep apps - we track sleep. We like Sleep as Android.
MyFitnessPal - helps you keep track of what you eat and exercise. We like this sometimes we don't eat enough.
we have apps that are short meditations and stuff to play. kids like to play stuff.
UFYH - This is the companion app to the site Unf*ck Your Habitat. It is to help you clean. We like this website too. It helps us clean more.

there are more I think. adults gonna have to post them
byby
sidra
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
03-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

PS Joseph my friend bought a FART PIANO.
http://www.toysrus.com/buy/role-play/prank-star-fart-piano-01300-21592366
03-30-2014, 01:35 AM
Find Reply
Downtherabbithole Offline

Threads: 29
Iemotions and emopedia I've found them good for identifying emotions.
03-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Happy  RE: Useful apps for people with insiders
(03-30-2014, 01:35 AM)The Warren Wrote: PS Joseph my friend bought a FART PIANO.
http://www.toysrus.com/buy/role-play/prank-star-fart-piano-01300-21592366

Haha! Too bad you can't hear the farts on the website!

Joseph the Farter Smile
03-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Website Find Reply