would you do it?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  would you do it?
interested in opinions. after reading from bottom to top would you do it? this is paper from TOO. BTW we don't know who wrote this and we do not consider selves to be forever victims.

There would be some conditions. No photos. We do not use our body name for such things. Not for us. I have 3 generations of family back there. And while I do not care about offending some the generations that came after still have to go to school there. And the body person would not be someone you would talk to anyway. BTW, in case you didn't catch it we are multiple; known as Dissociative Identity Disorder and formerly MPD. Will find a place away from home where I can speak with you and not have to pay for cell time minutes. Then I will get back to you.

Thanks. Means a lot.

CHG

To: Catherine Grey <cgcastle2@yahoo.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:04:16 AM
Subject: Re: After the Fact

Hi Catherine,
Thanks for writing. I think you have a story that should be told. Would you mind speaking with me over the phone sometime for an article?

Adam
--
Adam MacInnis
Newsroom Manager
The News
(902) 928-3514

Reply-To: Catherine Grey <cgcastle2@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wednesday, 19 March, 2014 4:41 AM
To: Frank Zinck <news@ngnews.ca>
Subject: After the Fact

It has been a few years now since I sat on the sidelines while people who were boys and girls from Christ the King church received settlements. $10,000. Not the million as happens in the US or on teleision. All the diocese could afford apparently but what about the church as a whole? The Pope of the day was who we prayed for. He lead the entire church. Should they not have had to pay into the pot? I don't remember seeing any names released although perhaps I missed that. I did see a picture of people having tea and biscuits as part of the Band-Aid solution.

I received none of this. I was 6 when the majority of it happened. Everyone was called "Father". They all even looked somewhat alike with the Scottish heritage, short brown Scottish Heritage hair and glasses of the day. But I got the name wrong in my confusion. So while lawyers and professionals believed and still believe me the defence was not going to expose themselves to the hell the Trenton church put me through. No court, no money,, no healing; not even a biscuit.

I now live in Alberta; the geographical cure for so many of us who were thrown in the trash by the Roman Catholic Church. Today the Journal ran a story about how the people of the First Nation got to cover over a picture of a priest and nun that have been hanging in one of the train stations. More healing. I will never get a turn. Never get an apology. Never get a nickel. I imagine that there are others out there, who like me sit on the sidelines; as raw as if it just happened. Bandaids are torn off every time we hear about other people receive some sort of justice. No healing took place with that token pay off. However, it could have helped me pay off some bills. My therapist. Bills that accumulate as I am no longer able to work; partly because of the hell I was scorched by at the hands of a member of the Antigonish Diocese. There is no fairness in the Catholic Church. The stories will never go away and the scars will never heal. o matter how far away I try to go.

Catherine Hannah Grey (alters of a forever victim)
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2014, 11:43 PM by The People.)
03-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: would you do it?
Project cancelled as he wouldn't do the story without using the body name. Another slap in the face. bullsh*t.
03-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: would you do it?
WTF? Dude obviously doesn't get it. Why on earth would anyone use their legal name, be it current or former?

Sorry this didn't work out for you.

MDs
03-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Sounds a story worth telling, with or without body name.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
i'm sorry it fell through. it is a story that needs to be told.
03-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Agree with all. Papers are like that though. They say that it is for proof but I think part of it is for sensationalization. One positive that came out of it: a few years ago I would have said f*ck the FOO and given the story. We have grown enough to recognize a lot of things; especially about the 2nd and 3rd generations. They don't need their names dragged into this. Bad enough being raised by my siblings.
03-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Find Reply