Hello
Twin Volition Offline

Threads: 7
Hello
Hello, everyone.

My name is Arlen, and I'm so unbelievably glad this place exists. I'm 19 and have been multiple for several years now. When I found out, I had been trying to hide my other(s?) from my family for a long time until just last Monday when I had
that I couldn't conceal. (I read your section on the front page's reading room about "Coming Out Multiple," so I gather that I'm not the only one who tried to live in hiding, and that makes me feel a little bit less ashamed about it. So thank you, to the authors and all the people here.)

Just last Friday my family convinced me to see a psychologist, and I went, but he wasn't understanding at all. He called the paramedics and they took me and
The staff there treated me like an animal. Even when they admitted my cuts were infected, they refused to clean or treat them at all. They woke me up in the middle of the night to
they wouldn't tell me anything about, even when I asked, and when I said I didn't want it, the male nurses
(My mother later found out from one of the nurses that what they gave me was lorazepam (Ativan) and ziprasidone (Geodon), so I know it wasn't treatment for the infected wounds.)

We were just discharged last Saturday after begging the psychiatrist/evaluator in the psych ward to release us "against medical advice". I'm very happy to be out of such an inhumane facility, but I am still very frightened, ashamed, and depressed. We might be in therapy now, but I'm afraid they'd just put us back there. So right now we don't know what to do with us, but I do at least look forward to being a contributing members of this community.

P.S. - Sorry about the excessive spoilers; I just didn't want to offend/disturb anyone.
03-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Hello
HI Arlen. Welcome to MM. This is a great place to find support and know you are not alone.
I am so sorry you had to go through such an ordeal. Here at MM we strongly encourage people who write about SI or thoughts of it to also put they are safe. Or what they are going to do to make themselves safe. It is one of our rules here. You used the spoilers very well and we appreciate that. Everyone here is responsible for everyone in their system.
We look forward to seeing you on the boards.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
03-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
(03-10-2014, 09:09 PM)Twin Volition Wrote: Hello, everyone.

My name is Arlen, and I'm so unbelievably glad this place exists. I'm 19 and have been multiple for several years now. When I found out, I had been trying to hide my other(s?) from my family for a long time until just last Monday when I had
that I couldn't conceal. (I read your section on the front page's reading room about "Coming Out Multiple," so I gather that I'm not the only one who tried to live in hiding, and that makes me feel a little bit less ashamed about it. So thank you, to the authors and all the people here.)

Just last Friday my family convinced me to see a psychologist, and I went, but he wasn't understanding at all. He called the paramedics and they took me and
The staff there treated me like an animal. Even when they admitted my cuts were infected, they refused to clean or treat them at all. They woke me up in the middle of the night to
they wouldn't tell me anything about, even when I asked, and when I said I didn't want it, the male nurses
(My mother later found out from one of the nurses that what they gave me was lorazepam (Ativan) and ziprasidone (Geodon), so I know it wasn't treatment for the infected wounds.)

We were just discharged last Saturday after begging the psychiatrist/evaluator in the psych ward to release us "against medical advice". I'm very happy to be out of such an inhumane facility, but I am still very frightened, ashamed, and depressed. We might be in therapy now, but I'm afraid they'd just put us back there. So right now we don't know what to do with us, but I do at least look forward to being a contributing members of this community.

P.S. - Sorry about the excessive spoilers; I just didn't want to offend/disturb anyone.

Welcome to MM Arlen. Thanks for the spoilers. You are not the first one to have a bad hospital experience. At the same time many of us here have been fortunate enough to find a therapist that is helpful and understanding. It is important to remember that the decision to see someone is yours. We learned that it is a lot of hard work and work that we had to do but as long as we did it our T (therapists) stayed calm and helpful. We did end up with a few not so good ones a few times but we just kept trying until we found one with good boundaries and a good heart. Best of luck to you.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Hello
Welcome to the forums, Arlen. We're sorry that you had such a bad experience at the hospital. Thanks for placing the spoilers in your introduction.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

MakersDozn (MDs)
03-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Website Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
Having a safe place to come out really helped us. I think we were kinda in a holding pattern before then, well enough to function, but just stuck. Once we learned more and started working on working together, stuff improved. There are people out there who are fully functioning co-concious multiples. We present as single to most of the world, and then at home and in the company of people we trust we are who we are. We shift back into our natural manner of speaking in plural or mixed pronouns (which we had since high school at least and couldn't understand why people thought it was weird). The front door relaxes and people come and go as the please. It's a lot easier on us. At work we have to present a united front, so the downtime to relax is important. We work very fluidly now compared to even 10 years ago, and feel natural again like we did when we were kids and didn't realize most people were singlets.

After you been here a short while (think it's a week and some minimal posting activity, there are additional forums that open up that were put in place to share more of the spoilery things. Not sure how active they are at the moment.
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 01:24 AM by The Warren.)
03-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi Arlen, welcome to MM!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-13-2014, 04:45 AM
Find Reply