facebook
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Caution  facebook
We fing Hate facebook!!! its an invasion of privacy and now other sites use it to verify ID WTF? i could say my name is capt. Peanut and i'm from mars on there! so why do people act like it makes things more really? I am very annoyed because a site i wanted to take part in requires a FB account. But its just triggering how much of a big brother thing FB has become. anyone have any plates i can throw? I am steamingVolcanoVolcanoVolcano look at the time 1984 already?
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
02-28-2014, 06:14 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Agree  RE: facebook
This is exactly why we're not on Facebook.

We don't have plates for you, but we do have lots of bubble wrap. With big bubbles.

MDs
02-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: facebook
we use facebook for the body name. do not use sites to do with personal issues. elders keep up with old friends and all of us like playing the games. We do not trust levl of security for DID stuff and when we went to a Celiac site there were too many 30 something drama queens. we do not need to know how many times a day someone sh*t.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Find Reply
Twin Volition Offline

Threads: 7
Agree  RE: facebook
Like MakersDozn, we don't use Facebook for this very reason. We're also very uncomfortable with our system's name, so it's impossible to get along on such a place.

And I agree, it's not right what Mark Zuckerberg has done to privacy and anonymous interaction on the internet. Yes, it's not his fault entirely, but he had a very large and instrumental role in the movement away from anonymity over the years. And I despise him for it.
03-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
(03-11-2014, 06:51 AM)Twin Volition Wrote: And I agree, it's not right what Mark Zuckerberg has done to privacy and anonymous interaction on the internet. Yes, it's not his fault entirely, but he had a very large and instrumental role in the movement away from anonymity over the years. And I despise him for it.

Seriously. Some of the folks in our system wish that FB would just crash and go out of business permanently. Alas, it's not going to happen.

Laura and others
03-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Website Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
We ignore all those "Register with Facebook". If we have to use FB or some other social account to register somewhere. Ugh. No. Just NO!

We're on cuz a lot of our friends our on. Our sister is pretty active on it, and is easiest to reach by txt or FB. We use it to keep in touch with people we've met other places online but where either we or they are not active, including some people from here (Cris, Kathleen, probably others). We keep everything locked down except to "friends" and don't allow it to be searched. I like that it's easy to keep up with people. I hate that everything is wide open by default. I really hate that so many other sites encourage connecting them with your FB account or Google or some other social media account.

Google is getting really bad too...or is already really bad. I also hate apps that tell you where all your friends are or will tell people your location. WTF is that? It's creepy is what it is. If I want people to know where I am, I'll just tell them.
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
google (e.g. gmail, youtube, chrome) all connect with each other and it's so difficult if not impossible to sign out of all - it's great for tracking people i suppose but not if you don't like being tracked. completely creepy and big brother-ish.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-13-2014, 04:54 AM
Find Reply