need advice
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
need advice
i have a mentor who means a lot to everyone in our system. we keep hoping to learn something about life from him not sure what... but, he seems to have wisdom most people don't. we hang out a lot and he is very quiet and just listens most of the time . it makes it hard to learn but, i had not thought about it much but, now he seems bored with everything we do now.

I try to give him space to talk i ask if he wants to talk but, he says no. i'm not sure what to about his boredom since he wont talk but, he seems annoyed by me by us by everything we do together. So I need advice what do i do about an annoyed best friend who agrees he wants to mentor me but, hardly talks. it might be useful to know he is from the UK so maybe there is a cultural thing we are missing.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
01-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: need advice
When I have a situation where I cannot bring something up face to face I will email. What I often learn is that the look is actually no knowing what to say or do. But rather than stew at it I would address it calmly (that is why I write). I have even had to do this with Ts.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: need advice
some Brits can struggle expressing anything personal, intimate or uncomfortable, but then so can many Americans. perhaps just describe what you see, explain how you interpret it, and ask if he has any thoughts on the topic. behave calmly and positively. we agree writing might be a good option - depends which way you express yourselves best.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: need advice
Hi, dreamers,

Good to see you. We agree with The People and nats.

Good luck.

MDs
01-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Scared Been very long gone but really need your help, support, advice please jules65 4 5,335 07-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Last Post: orek