can i say bah humbug?
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
can i say bah humbug?
this particular holiday time has always been emotionally difficult for us...

when our 3D kids were around we could put our energies into giving them good memories and it wasn't as bad... then when grandkids came to visit we did the same...

years like this year when 3D kids and grandkids are not around we sink into a real fog of depression

bah humbug
12-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: can i say bah humbug?
we understand mosaic, hoping you can find a little cheer somewhere within...........
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
12-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: can i say bah humbug?
(12-10-2013, 07:03 PM)mosaic Wrote: bah humbug

We hear you, mosaic.

Laura J. Humbug and others
12-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Website Find Reply
Marley Offline

Threads: 2
RE: can i say bah humbug?
Hi Mosaic
This is a difficult time for many. For us it is being 'normal' playing "happy families" all of which we would rather not, but a necessary and expensive thing for us to do.
I know an older gentleman whose marriage chose not to have family, and complains about this life choice.
A similar gentleman, chooses to go to charity christmases and over the few years he has done this, he has realised there are many in this situation for just as many reasons. He made excuses for many years why he didn't go, but now he sees the same faces and some new ones each year, and has accepted the charity and grateful they do what they do. Even those who volunteer they day have a reason.
Maybe it is something to consider.
Marley
12-11-2013, 04:20 AM
Find Reply