Anyone else have cell phone issues
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Anyone else have cell phone issues
I agree The people. I also live in Canada and gave up my land line also. I can call for free now unlimited anywhere in Canada, not that I use that feature much but I am glad I don't have to worry going over my minutes. I mostly texted now and email. It seems to be a very effective way of communicating now.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
12-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Anyone else have cell phone issues
(12-07-2013, 07:50 PM)The People Wrote:
(12-06-2013, 12:28 AM)MakersDozn Wrote: We're on the government's Do Not Call list. If there's one thing that we can't stand, it's telemarketers and junk mail. Yeah, that's two things. But they're really two forms of the same thing.

As you know, we keep our answering machine on 24/7. Our motto is: "The phone is here to serve us; we are not here to serve the phone."

Laura and others

We gave up the land line when we got the cell phone. It is free calling long distance in Canada after 6 and on weekends and I rarely call. I had a cell for years and finally decided I don't need 2 phones. Becoming a growing trend here in Canada.

I know of govt.'s no call list and probably did it once, but have been moving around so much, that I didn't keep up with it. Unsolicited calls haven't been much of a problem elsewhere, but NYC is a pip. I haven't wanted to be bothered to do anything about it because I'm up to my ears with legitimate bureaucratic papers, to an unprecedented degree. There's another reason for my not moving myself to do anything. That is: I need to have both cell and land lines, and both have caller ID and voice mail.

Thing is, not many people have my cell #. I regard it as my private phone for contacts that need to be immediate (like bank; certain docs), or people whose calls I don't want to miss.
I leave land line ringer off, except when I know that the cable company, etc. will call. I'm home a lot. Nothing for me to turn my head and see if anything has come in. I have a list of junk numbers by the phone. Might be a certain amount of entertainment value.
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
12-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Silly Bad phone brings better day The People 1 1,584 05-02-2020, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mosaic
Happy A Nice Phone Message The People 2 2,392 08-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: The People
Question Weird re phone The People 5 4,224 04-02-2015, 03:34 AM