Do not act on urge
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  Do not act on urge
As typical cats mine assume that I am at their beck and call and that if I am moving about the house it is to serve their purpose.

Today I misplaced my glasses. I would search and then as I got frustrated I would stop, old ones drove me crazy and I would search again and on it would go.

However, N kitty would follow me around like a puppy that she thinks she is (I have read articles where cats are considered to have DID). But she yowls while she follows me. Somebody goes crazy over this with the stress level being through the roof. The glasses had to be here as I had them when I went to bed.

The part that bothered me and I DIDN"T DO IT was that someone would have an urge to kick the cat. An impulsive urge that we never act on but... I feel like crap just feeling that way. Feel like my mother. I know I felt it while she acted on the feeling but...

Do other people get such urges? I know I should be happy that we have the self control NOT to act but ads to the sense of crappy selves.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Do not act on urge
oh yes we have had that urge often. you are not alone. it does feel crappy and it is also a good thing that you have the control not to act on it.

hope you find your glasses.
11-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Friendship/Support  RE: Do not act on urge
(11-20-2013, 06:14 PM)mosaic Wrote: oh yes we have had that urge often. you are not alone. it does feel crappy and it is also a good thing that you have the control not to act on it.

hope you find your glasses.

Glasses found on the floor by night stand. If we were tidier things would be easier to find. And thanks for the reassurance that we are not alone with anger based urges. Would never hurt them though yelled a few times when they wouldn't shut up.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-24-2013, 03:35 AM
Find Reply