Hello my name is Melissa Bradt
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
News/Information  Hello my name is Melissa Bradt
I would just like to say hello to everyone for the first time. It has been many years since I have looked for a support group for DID. I was diagnosed back in 2000 officially but always knew something wasn't the same as others inside of me. I have done tons of work with therapy but always find myself longing just to chat with others that understand me for who I am. I thought for a long time that if I just try to pretend that I was "normal" that I would somehow be like everyone else. Well I have tried that now for over 7 years and I am here to say it doesn't work. I am a mother of 5 grown children and my first grand baby on the way in August. I am just looking to find that one place that I can come and chat with "friends" that understand what it is like living with DID daily. Thank you all for listening to my opening rant...lol
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
03-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Hello my name is Melissa Bradt
Hopefully you have found the right place for you. We have been here since MM started and at the site that preceded this one. It has been very helpful to us over the years. Especially when the new stuff was popping up still and there was more confusion than understanding.

We have also had good days here. Many laughs and friendships formed. Some people write daily and others like me come and go as needed. Welcome.
03-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi Melissa,
Welcome! chatting is always good Smile!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
Hi Dragonfairy (love the name btw)

Welcome to MM! Looking forward to getting to know you all. I've foun MM to be a great place of support and hope you do too.

See ya round!

<3
Jamie of Katz Krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Friendship/Support  RE: Hello my name is Melissa Bradt
Thank you for the kind words. Hope to be able to find some friends here and be able to talk about life from time to time.
03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi Melissa. Nice to meet you. I too am here because it is a place where I can be understood without writing an encyclopedia of explanations about every little thing, and where I don't feel I have to hide behind my security shields. Welcome.[/align]
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM by Cammy.)
03-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Question  RE: Hello my name is Melissa Bradt
Hi Melissa,

What kind of animal is that in your avatar? We're curious.

MDs
03-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Website Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

(03-24-2013, 02:41 AM)MakersDozn Wrote: Hi Melissa,

What kind of animal is that in your avatar? We're curious.

MDs

its called a lemur and we think it is really cute. nice to have somewhere to come to be able to talk to others like us and not feel like we have to hide who we really are. thanks everyone for being so nice!
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

(03-23-2013, 06:58 PM)Igraine Wrote: Hi Melissa. Nice to meet you. I too am here because it is a place where I can be understood without writing an encyclopedia of explanations about every little thing, and where I don't feel I have to hide behind my security shields. Welcome.[/align]

hi ingraine sorry took so long to write back. just got out of hospital again. i hate it there but "t" said was best for us this past week. this group seems really nice and i like that we dont have to pretend to be someone else or explain everything. nice to meet you.
03-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

(03-19-2013, 05:07 PM)Katz Krew Wrote: Hi Dragonfairy (love the name btw)

Welcome to MM! Looking forward to getting to know you all. I've foun MM to be a great place of support and hope you do too.

See ya round!

<3
Jamie of Katz Krew

hi katz nice to meet you. i look forward to getting to know all of you more. this group seems like it has alot of nice people and i really like it so far. have a great day.
03-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi Melissa. I'm sorry to hear that you had to spend time in the H. Can't be helped though...when you've got to be safe or are just too fragile, sometimes it is the only way. I'm glad you're a bit better and posting again. It's nice to see you back. Take special care.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Hello my name is Melissa Bradt
Hi Melissa,

Glad you're doing better now.

MDs
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Website Find Reply