Messages In This Thread
RE: Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea - finlyalive - 05-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea
finlyalive Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea
Thank you Elizabethn, that makes so much sense. There has been so much trauma since the beginning of 2009 to present and an end is not quite in sight yet. She has been very supportive of the trauma and how it has affected us. The trauma escalates frequently and the anxiety is over the top. Honestly, with all that has happened, she and my partner have been my only support. My T believed me when the rest of the world turned their backs and threw me to the wolves. She has known from the beginning that we are we. However, she has never really addressed that in session. She has never known who was present or could even tell if there was a switch. For the longest time, that was okay. The current traumatic situation has been enough to deal with. However, it has gotten to the point that my others will no longer stand for not being heard. They have their way of dealing with everything and that has probably kept the body safe. However, as the events escalate, the switching becomes more apparent and it is really scary. I am the shell of this system. I get flicks of information when it is necessary. They take the rest away. Sometimes, I think this is a good thing, but I'm not sure. I'm really scared of what could happen as these events come to an end. I don't know what will happen. I do know that my others want to be acknowledged, but I'm not sure how safe that is. At this point, because of the current situation, we can't look for another T. We could stop seeing her, but that doesn't seem very safe either. That is why we are so scared, skeptical and just don't know what to do.
Fin

Only as high as I reach, can I grow.
Only as far as I seek, can I go.
Only as deep as I look, can I see.
Only as much as I dream, can I be.
--Karen Ravn
05-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea - finlyalive - 05-26-2013, 10:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post