The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome - dreamers - 12-12-2017, 07:00 AM
need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome
We are afraid of the dentist but oddly the worst thing for us is cleaning. It h*rts like f-ing hell when they touch certain " healthy" teeth with that metal hook thing. However, no detentist believes us that it hurts and so they are unwilling to numb our mouth for cleaning... no matter how much we plead and beg them to.

For other medical procedures, we have found that Buzzy ( an icepack/viberator combo is helpful to relieve pain and stress associated with minor procedures ( IV starts, routine labs botox for migraines, etc.

Inspired by Buzzy and how it gives us an option for controlling our own pain, we went searching the web for an oral equal to Buzzy.

After hours on hours of looking, we found orachill. A mouth piece that is like a blue gel icepack.

At first we were excited because we thought that idea was to wear it throughout treatment. However I emailed the support people clarification and they said that if one uses all 3 included mouth pieces in rapid succesion, the numbing effect lasts between 15 and 30 minutes while the ice is off.

This sounds impossible to me. I know cold can numb but for the effect to continue while you refreeze the mouthpieces... most of me is thinking yeah right... I bet they own a wide selection of bridges they could offer me.

There is part of me though that is thinking nothing ventured nothing gained.

the need to refreeze the orachills during visits also poses a problem. My dentist may have a freezer or not but even if they do, they may not see the need for ice and thus might not be willing to stop what they are doing, take my mouthpiece to the freezer, get the other set of 3 wait for me to use them...etc

So, to maintain the most control over our pain we would need to purchase a tabletop freezer with the orachill.

We found a reasonably priced one on eBay and the seller assured me that it can indeed freeze water when I asked.

Our foo and daniel are willing to pay for both the freezer and 2 sets of orachills if that is really what we want for Christmas.

The littles are protesting that if it doesn't work, we will have wasted our Christmas gift.

The freezer seller will accept a return but the orachill people do not. However, they have paypal as an option so it should be protected by the paypal buyer protection program.

Someone inside said " even if it doesn't work, maybe bringing a freezer asking to plug it in, explaining why we brought it would finally get the point across that " minor procedures really do hurt for us"

we cant decide whether we should go ahead and order or run for the hills. Any thoughts?
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
12-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome - dreamers - 12-12-2017, 07:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Caution thoughts on children... Dreamscapes Collectives 3 4,335 08-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Last Post: nats