The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Do alters create "identities" on Twitter - KoalaGirl - 10-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Do alters create "identities" on Twitter
KoalaGirl Offline

Threads: 2
Do alters create "identities" on Twitter
Is it a known thing for alters to create Twitter accounts for themselves and use them as a place to sort of express themselves as independent selves? If a person with DID was undiagnosed, could this be more pronounced? I was just wondering if this was a common way for alters to express themselves: finding a picture of someone that looks like how they see themselves, maybe tweaking the appearance digitally to make it more like how they see themselves, maintaining a place to share their "own" lives, circumstances, experiences?

There are a couple of people I interact with on Twitter that I have reason to believe may be my BF's alters, but I can't be sure. (There is a *lot* of circumstantial evidence, both technical and otherwise). The two biggest obstacles to confirming this are that my BF has not been diagnosed and Twitter is so anonymous. Even if they are his alters, I am fine maintaining friendships with them individually. It's just hard manage a balance between making sure I am not being targeted by bad people and making sure I don't give an alter a breakdown if I question the authenticity of the story & photos they're sending. And they always seem to send them proactively and without my requesting. A handful of them have obviously taken a couple of photos of *someone* and photoshopped them.
10-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Do alters create "identities" on Twitter - KoalaGirl - 10-05-2017, 01:49 PM