Messages In This Thread
RE: poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID - orek - 01-24-2015, 12:02 PM
poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Agree  RE: poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID
"over the years we've come to disagree with this assumption that red dot is required partly b/c we think so much is unknown and thus exaggarated with DID and partly b/c we just dont have the time or mental space to try to make sense of all the ra ra and hysteria surrounding any mention of red dot stuff."

I agree with that, nats. But I think most of the hysteria surrounding it was coming from the Christian counseling community, which is why I don't trust the writers and "experts" that come from that background or frame of reference. I agree with People's description of "cra cra"! I have to step back and reevaluate it all from a different mindset and frame of reference. And secular leaders in the field, like Ross, have written of SRA, and another, Braun, has put poly-fragmented DID on the far end of the dissociative scale after DID. All because a subset of the Christian psychology community went more than a bit bonkers on the issue and was seeing SRA everywhere doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Humans have always tortured/abused others, including children, have always sought power and belonging in groups, and have always perverted spirituality to justify their actions. However, this isn't my main interest in the poly-fragmented issue. And I don't believe it's a prerequisite to having a poly-fragmented system, anyway.

Our current T has wanted to know ages/names of insiders that come out, and I understand why. But often we don't know, or we present in groups, or we are doing fast switching so it's not just one insider fronting. That makes it hard to give that info at times (and we are aware that we aren't acting like her other DID clients in at least one fundamental way, even though, of course, everyone's system is different and unique). The poly-fragmented DID helps explain how we present, how our system works, etc. I think it's information that will help our T understand us--as well as help us feel validated by other DIDs with similar issues and experiences. We still can't help but worry at times that we are just plumb cra-cra. Tongue

I don't recall past conversations here over this. Is there a way to access/read old posts? I'd be curious, is all. (And, did I participate in that discussion, I wonder?) Thanks for the feedback.
01-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID - orek - 01-24-2015, 12:02 PM