Messages In This Thread
internal struggle - Tangled Web - 05-07-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: internal struggle - nats - 05-08-2014, 06:52 AM
internal struggle
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: internal struggle
we get like this sometimes. usually we take one of two options depending on the importance of the issue being fought over:
1. we let it go, at least for awhile - i.e. if it's not particularly important, right now, to do it.

2. if it is important right now, there is a negotiation and bartering process (actually more of a loudest voice wins process) such as 'if you let me do this one bit (e.g. in your case one positive sentence instead of a whole list), we promise to do x (i.e. something that a lot of influential people like - in our case often some kind of treat), but until we get this one thing, we can all sit here and scream at each other forever...'

you may get from this that our system does a lot of fighting, which is true. the reality is that in disagreements there is usually some validity in both sides position and sometimes it's just a matter of finding that core concern and finding an acceptable solution.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-08-2014, 06:52 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
internal struggle - Tangled Web - 05-07-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: internal struggle - nats - 05-08-2014, 06:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Caution struggle with social skills The People 3 2,416 10-19-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: The People