The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
chr saying that annoys us ( ref to memories a bit) - dreamers - 02-18-2014, 09:16 AM
chr saying that annoys us ( ref to memories a bit)
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
chr saying that annoys us ( ref to memories a bit)
we used to long for someone to take us to the d*d-daughter events that our church had and we would pray for a " normal dad" like the ones we saw friends with. On the very few times we would share this deep longing with a close friend the typical reply was " Let God be your Dad" blah yuck.

I know God loves me and I know jesus is a person/god together but, I would be a little freaked out if either one of the Godhead showed up to take me fishing or to a dance... etc.

In my experience they don't show up in a physical way anyway. So all of hugs, and cuddles that we wanted from a dad would be missing most likely! Also, in saying that the speaker is limiting God's ability to place someone in my life story to be a dad for me. and yet when people say that they do have the effect of making me feel like i did something wrong since i disagree with them. has anyone had experience with people saying God should be their p*r*nt, or SO etc. If you have what are your thoughts/feels about being told that? thanks for sharing
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
02-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
chr saying that annoys us ( ref to memories a bit) - dreamers - 02-18-2014, 09:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our issues with the NT...CHR dreamers 4 2,739 04-25-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: The Warren
May trigger project hit a wall big wall chr dreamers 1 3,270 06-21-2018, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Cammy
May trigger chr need to talk about stuff and gots a qwestion dreamers 8 7,795 11-26-2016, 04:09 AM
Last Post: The People
May trigger tired chr dreamers 0 2,186 01-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Last Post: dreamers
May trigger feeling stuck (CHR) dreamers 4 5,539 06-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Last Post: The People