kind parts missed
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Sad  kind parts missed
Is is ok to miss certain parts? The part of my son who has taken control of the body for most of the day now is not very nice to me. I understand that he is hurting and I continue to be as supportive as possible but it is emotionally draining. He use to switch more often and I would get a break from his difficult nature. I miss parts that were kind or young and parts that I spent a great deal of time with. They don't like the part who is out and currently do not want him inside with them. I don't blame them. I just wish they would care about his sister and I and give us some respite occasionally.
08-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
RE: kind parts missed
Yo Reilly. I think it IS ok to miss certain parts. And i jus wanna say that this part who is in control at the moment may just simply not trust ya yet. I were quite off wit our host's partner when i first used to see him until i learned to trust him. Now we get on real well. I hope that happens for you and the part who's in control now too. Good luck,
Blue.
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
08-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: kind parts missed
I think it is normal to miss the parts of your son that were kind and loving! If you didn't it would make me wonder what was wrong honestly. Just give it time and patience as it takes all of us inside time to trust as you have to remember most of us were created out of a horrible experience. So why would we now want to trust anyone. I know you love your son and you were not the one to hurt him and I applaud you so much for working so hard to help him. But you have to remember us insiders at first don't understand the outside world and who everyone is, what you represent, and what you want from us. All we know is hurt, pain, anger, fear. So be patient and keep showing them love and acceptance no matter how much hurt, pain, and hate they may show you and your daughter. Because honestly in the end that is the only thing that is going to get through to them if anything at all.

You sound like a wonderful mom and we wish we had one like you that did care for us instead of our that was part of creating us. We are sorry that you are hurting and that your sons insiders are hurting so much they are taking it out on your family. But hopefully with the new T and some good therapy in time they will begin to see that you are there to help and that you honestly love him and are safe. That he is safe and not going to be hurt anymore. That is the key to starting to trust and heal.

But missing parts of him has to hurt so much and we can't imagine as we are the insiders and so we are on the opposite side of where you sit. We sit missing what you give your son each and every day and that is the unconditional love of a mom. Wish we could be of more help but are so thankful to see that not all parents are cruel and evil so for that thank you very much!

Katie and crew
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
08-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Feedback  RE: kind parts missed
Thanks Blue and Dragonfairy.
Your encouragement means so much. I never thought of it as a trust issue but it makes perfect sense. Hopefully over time he will come to see that I am safe and that he can rely on me as other parts have.
Thanks again!
08-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Find Reply