Howdy from Northeast USA
WendyLee Offline

Threads: 5
I'm new/Introduction  Howdy from Northeast USA
Hi everyone, I am WendyLee, a 56yo, single mom of 2 grown sons who both live on their own. I am disabled and live by myself in a big duplex in a small town in the country. I plan to move in a few months to be nearer my son, but have a lot of clutter to go thru' first. I hurt my back last year so it is slow going, and I have not been able to go to a therapist in a long while.

Lately I have been having strong flashbacks, nightmares, overeating, and have lost some important things, so I am looking forward to working out some issues here.

Thanks for being here! Heart

edited to change icon to blue star=newbie
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2012, 07:26 PM by WendyLee.)
06-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Find Reply
Vivey Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Howdy from Northeast USA
welcome, Wendy!
06-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Find Reply
WendyLee Offline

Thanks, Vivey! Smile
06-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Welcome WendyLee. It is nice to meet you. MM is a great place to find support. I hope you find what your looking for
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Howdy from Northeast USA
Hi, WendyLee, and welcome. We're from the northeast US as well....work in Manhattan, live on Long Island. Body-age a few years younger than you, no outside kids.

We understand the challenges of going through clutter. We have a 425-square-foot apartment, and we keep wishing for more storage space. But what we really need is to get rid of some of our stuff. Tongue

MDs
06-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Website Find Reply
WendyLee Offline

Hi TW and MD, Thanks for the welcome!

My dad's side of the family is from LI and I lived in northern NJ until age 10, I think that is an interesting coincidence! (A bit terrifying, too...) I have only been to LI once to bury my estranged father when I was 19 and I never met any of the myriad relatives that are still there (I looked 'em up online but never contacted any of them). My siblings and I were kept totally isolated from anyone other than our immediate FOO. I have only been back to northern NJ once since we moved away to the Phili area in the mid 1960s. Now I live near western PA, but hope to be moving closer to the ocean soon. Smile
06-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: Howdy from Northeast USA
WendyLee....We understand your desire to live closer to the water. That's one of the things we like most about LI. We used to go to the beach a lot, but we haven't been in years. Too busy pretending to be a grownup. Tongue

It finally rained today....temp went down from the 90s to the 70s. Aaaaaaahhhhhh. Smile

Allegra and others
06-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
Howdy and welcome :-). I'm usually in the Northeast as well, have lived in NJ for far too long.

Once in a great while, I plan and host 3d meetings of Mosaic Minds people in central NJ, about an hour from Philly. I hope to make one of these happen before the end of the year. If I do, I'll announce it on these boards and give my contact info so you can get more details privately.
06-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Find Reply
WendyLee Offline

Elizabethn,
That would be great to have a 3d meeting. I will try to come.
06-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Find Reply
sharon/treehouse family Offline

Threads: 15
hi wendy

I/we live in Maine, nice to meet you. this is a great place to get support here and share good and bad and just connect to others and not feel alone. I/we are glad to meet you. talk to you soon

Kathleen/treehouse family
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
Hi WendyLee...I live in Massachusetts, born and raised. Welcome to MM. Very nice to meet you. I've had clutter issues myself and know the difficulty in facing them. Had 4 storage sheds to go through and process. My mom always said "to clean a mess you must first make a mess." When I would say "I don't know where to start" she'd reply: "Pick a corner and go from there." That's what I did. Am looking to move a couple of towns over in the next few months to be closer to my younger brother. I also understand back issues as it's a struggle for me as well. Hope you find the support you need here.

Treehouse...my dad's family comes from the OOB/Saco/Biddeford area. Are you close to any of those? I've got alot of family still in that area and try to visit them as much as possible. I love Wells Bch cause I can get close to the ocean without having to walk on the sand (it's a challenge to walk on the sand due to hip/back issues).

<3
Jamie for Katz Krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM by Katz Krew.)
07-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Find Reply