On saying I'm sorry
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  On saying I'm sorry
There was a man on Ellen today who has a book coming out tomorrow. American football player turned magician. And now a writer.

He is a very nice man. Says he cries at chic flix. He also stated that his father went to j@il when he was 12 for ki!!ing his mother. The man has just become a first time Dad. Obviously he got help during the time he was in care (or with family)

He stated that, as his book was ready to come out he decided that it was time to face his father. People had often talked with him about forgiveness but how does one forgive their father for this.

Instead what he said was "I'm sorry that your life got so turned around that it ended up like this." In saying this he was able to let go.

Most of us know that the people who hurt us weren't the ones who started the train down those tracks. God knows who started the train but my Dad and other family were in a car close to the caboose.

Just something to think about.

2 of my brothers have an illness and one probably won't be around much longer. One night an angry teen wanted to call him and give him heck one last time before he goes. Thank God we didn't. He wouldn't takeit in and it would just put me on the same level as him. I really am truly sorry that he is going out this way. He has been in living hell for almost 70 years.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019, 12:11 AM by The People.)
11-06-2019, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: On saying I'm sorry
Letting go!
11-06-2019, 12:11 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
that is a refreshing way to look at how to let go. thanks for sharing it. it really puts things into a different perspective.
11-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

It really does. I remember reading a Christian book called 'When Forgiveness Doesn't Make Sense.' It was quite insightful. It was more about letting go. One example was a church money person being caught stealing. The church leaders forgave him but never put him in charge of the money again. Does that mean forgiving? It depends on one's perspective. For me, it means that I can say "I let it go" without spending time with the jerks.
11-07-2019, 05:36 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Would definitely call that forgiveness, i.e. letting go without setting yourself up to have to forgive the same thing in future Smile! Sensible.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
A pastor once said that forgiveness means taking the person of your hook and putting them on G*ds so he can decide what to do about whatever they did to you. That idea really helped us. He also said that forgiveness only means giving a second chance if the person shows that they are genuinely going to do their best not to repeat the same mistakes
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
11-13-2019, 04:30 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

In a book, I read called . When forgiveness doesn't make sense the author gave an example of the church ch. stealing from the church. The author spoke of how the church forgave him but never put him in charge of the money again. We can let go of what someone has done without ever allowing them to take charge of us again,
11-16-2019, 06:01 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Yeah makes sense
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
11-18-2019, 12:33 AM