I shouldn't be jealous
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Angry  I shouldn't be jealous
but I am. 3 years ago my sister tripped on a poorly placed sidewalk. I am happy that she is getting a settlement. She got the $1 that I did when my father died. But she also got a divorce settlement.

I am so glad for her because she is still in pain. Thank God I was drinking wine with a friend when she called me. Had I been alone I may have cursed and pulled out my hair. I fall all the time but it is because I am a stupid clutzy b*tch. I won no lawsuits because I can never get the facts straight until it is too late.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-05-2019, 01:13 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: I shouldn't be jealous
it's difficult when we feel envious of the "good fortune" of our siblings (or others). i put good fortune in quotes because in your sister's case she has had to endure a lot of pain to get the settlement so even though the money may be fortunate, the way she got it wasn't. and we don't do ourselves any favors when we say we shouldn't feel that way.

when i have those experiences (and i've had quite a few) i have learned it's better to be gentle with myself, and allow myself to have those feelings - not do anything with the feelings but not fight them either. i'm not always successful at it.

please be gentle with yourself.
10-05-2019, 08:32 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: I shouldn't be jealous
Thanks, Mosaic. I may have a piece of lead from a coloured pencil stuck in my bunion. The cat had been playing with is and it was on the floor. Should I sue the pet store where I got her of the people who made the pencils? I am always hurting myself but only because my mind and body are not alwaysin sync.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Find Reply