My book
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  My book
I have stopped working on my book. For now anyway. A friend made a comment the other day about leaving things in the past. She doesn't understand but what if I lose friends and the toothpick of bridge that I built to the few family members that I have connected with? What if they realize it is my writing? They.... Taking a break at least.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-16-2019, 06:18 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: My book
there are always pros and cons. do what feels right to you.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-17-2019, 07:26 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
taking a break may be a good thing, to allow you to "decompress" for a while. i think you know what is best for you. as nats said, there are pros and cons to either option.

as for the "leave it in the past" comment... how many wonderful autobiographies would we not have if others heeded that advice.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2019, 07:57 AM by mosaic.)
07-17-2019, 07:55 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
I am working on a fictionalization of my childhood story and where I am now. It’s fictionalized because everyone’s ages are lowered and genders are switched. Some of the characters are a few people I know Mashed together.its also set in a state I’ve never been in. So, hopefully even if the foo sees the truth in it it won’t whack them over the head so hard that my world rattles

My character for example is a 13 year old boy named Brian. He has my disabilities and thus outlook on life but only my most trusted friends know how closely Brian is me.

I bring it up, to suggest that this type of fictionalization might be a way around the problems that you brought up. Can you change ages and genders around? Do you have a core sense of self that might be different than how people see you ( because of being in school still and being reliant on the mom still we see ourselves as kids/teenagers still ( except for Neal but he was created as our inner adult to begin with .

However, the world obviously only see who old our body is. So, it seems right to write Brian as 13 but safer too because they won’t make the connection as readily. I hope that makes since
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 08:32 PM by dreamers.)
07-19-2019, 08:13 PM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
One day things are best left in the past, next day there not.
07-24-2019, 06:50 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Frustrated re book The People 1 1,602 06-09-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: mosaic
Sad Working on my book The People 3 2,880 01-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn