Told niece
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   Told niece
My eldest niece is 13 years younger than me, has 4 kids and works for CWS back east. One day I decided to text her. She was actually happy to hear from me. We just text. Mostly when she gets up early to have time to herself and when I am late to bed.

I told her about the DID and some other stuff. This was a longer post but I accidentally deleted some. The niece was...well I told her about the alcoholism first and she was surprised at how the family reacted. This is what an education can do for you.

Then I told her I have DID. And that you don't get it from the water. She said less about that. Probably needs to absorb it plus she had to get ready for work. But she didn't cut me off in the way that others have (I have many) Education and maturity.

Of course I am worried that it will backfire but she is pretty level headed.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Told niece
you are very courageous... and i'm hopeful that she will continue to connect with you. what is CWS?
01-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
agree with mosaic, that's courageous and hope she stays engaged.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-12-2019, 07:44 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Thanks Mosaic and Nats. CWS is child welfare services. She struggles with her Mom's wall. She said she believes me because of all that she hears at work. She knows that her mother struggles with stuff(Mom's first husband was her rock and he died of illness) I do worry that she will change her mind.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2019, 04:38 AM by The People.)
01-14-2019, 04:34 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey we could have told them this! The People 0 1,544 03-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Last Post: The People
  Told some one about me Downtherabbithole 2 2,974 05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Downtherabbithole