Growth
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Doing okay  Growth
All my life I thought that shouting at people was the way to express my frustration. Over the years I calmed down and found other ways to release my frustration. I put my words in writing when I know that I may start off calm and then my voice rises and rises... Only the letters often got out of control too. You know, the kind of letters that should be burned after writing.

On the weekend I spent 7 hours with my ISP company trying to get my WIFI working. I was so frustrated.. So I wrote a letter. A calm one. You really do catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I have 6 months of extra stations, 50 bucks off my next bill and 6 free movie rentals that I need to watch in the next 2 months. And I stayed calm through the whole thing.

Years ago I would have blasted them. And got nothing but a feigned apology. I felt good. Slightly manipulative but the woman started the bid. I feel good because my time was paid for and I didn't lose my temper.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-10-2018, 02:11 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Growth
it's great when we see growth in our ability to handle the misfortunes of life. sounds like you handled that masterfully. good work!
04-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Growth
Thanks Mosaic!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Find Reply