I am back.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   I am back.
It seems like forever since I have been here. I have been doing life in many different ways. Plus I have 2 Octogenarian friends who are in bad shape. Out of the blue today I decided to bring them some chicken for supper (cooked at store). When the wife let me in I looked and saw that she had a broken arm. She already has a plate in it. Her husband just got out of the hospital after surgery for a broken hip.

I feel that they need to be in a place where they can be cared for. I am not alone in this opinion. And I have taken them on like they are my responsibility. It makes me tired though. They are not at all like my parents but I hate feeling responsible.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-23-2017, 03:16 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: I am back.
why have you been trying to take responsibility for them do you think? hope they enjoyed the chicken!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-25-2017, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
They loved the chicken! They were wonderful to me when I first moved to this city and I started helping as it is payback time. Now it is just routine. A volunteer job. She has to have another surgery on the broken arm.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Phone social services and report your concerns. It is the kind thing to do. Let the authorities decide what kind of care these people need. PLEASE think before taking on the care of an elderly person let alone two. I did it for decades - it will make you implode. That's why we have social programs, home care, rehab facilities, and other care programs. I'm surprised their doctor doesn't know. But please, think of yourself first before getting too involved.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Find Reply