Who needs friends?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  Who needs friends?
So called friends were supposed to come by today. To pick up some stuff but also to help us with the assembly of something we cannot figure out. We suck at that sh*t. Helping her

She texted to say that they didn't come this way but to drop in if we were over that way. It is almost a half hour drive to get there and the only reason we would go would be to go directly there.

So, f*ck them. She said they may come by tomorrow. I hate the word 'may' and I really am not fond of people being in my apartment. A fairy went through last night and sprinkled dust over everything.

One night he was away and she invited me for supper. I waited and waited... finally she got home. She had actually been out shopping with her closest friend here, coworker. Helping her to pick out shoes. She said she felt bad and she thought her friend felt bad too. I said nothing. It is quite obvious that I am less important than this other woman. She is more fun I guess.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Who needs friends?
acquaintances like that are why we don't bother with most people.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-11-2017, 04:51 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Who needs friends?
I would be quite hesitant to use the term 'friend' to describe such a person. Wow ... if I had 'friends' like that I would need a heavy duty supply of anti-depressants to survive the relationship. People who treat others like this are better deleted from ye olde contact list IMO. You most definitely deserve better - most absolutely assuredly deserve better. Sometimes if we have been treated badly in the past, we think that it is okay for others to treat us like this in the present. It's not okay. Perhaps also, when you communicate with this individual, make it clear that you need a firm commitment - either yes or no, not maybe. Even if you have to make it sound like your calendar is busy and you are squeezing them in, they may decide to show up on time. If late ... you've left the building. Their turn to be inconvenienced. They might well learn to show up and do what they've promised, or they'll just wander off into the sunset. I'm not so sure if the latter would be much of a loss (but I do not know all the dynamics of the relationship so my comments may be entirely inappropriate to the situation, in which case I apologize).
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad still staying with friends The People 1 1,971 10-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mosaic
Sad "friends" The People 2 2,637 07-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Last Post: The People
Sad best friends The People 14 11,332 10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Caution Friends who have difficulty The People 3 3,757 11-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: nats