Love without puppet strings
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Love without puppet strings
A while back I started thinking about my oldest sister (even before the loss of the youngest one). She was my savior during my formative years. She fixed my hair, took me places and I knew I was her favourite.

I just texted her. We never went to the dark side. I just thanked her for being there for me. She told me that she always looked after me. Mom came home 14 months after my birth with another baby. She put her down and tried to take me but I didn't want to leave my sister's arms.

Made my sister happy. During my growing up years she was good to me as well. She said that I was her little girl.

Genuine love without puppet strings. I never saw it for what it was until recently. My life isn't the best but I believe that her love and the care and concern of a teacher that I had in grade 5. She also treated me as special - smart,

My sisters didn't have that. The ones on either side of me went down a dark road as a result.

I was so fortunate! I never thought I would say that about any aspect of my childhood but because of that sister I was loved during my formative years. Smile That is everything in the eyes of a child and helps to keep the dark times at bay.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Love without puppet strings
that is so true, people, that getting some love from someone during that time can be so important. for us it was our grandfather. he was the one who loved us unconditionally.

it's wonderful that you had your sister there for you to give you an oasis in a desert of dark times.
05-25-2017, 08:44 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Thanks Mosaic. I have been thinking about this all day. Something that I thought about is, perhaps this is the reason I am the only one in a family of 11 kids who has been able to look at the past and put it into perspective. The rest didn't have that first 7 years of support that I did. Well my baby brother was spoiled but the rug was suddenly pulled out from under him when the adults moved away.
05-26-2017, 12:11 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
My grandparents showed me unconditional love, caring, and nurtured me. They were wonderful role models. So, while my parents were too immature to be parents, it was the continual support and presence of my grandparents that gave me what I needed emotionally. Had it not been for them, I would hate to think what a big mess I'd be today. It just shows that all it takes is one (or two) positive mentors in a child's life that can make all the difference in the world.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
05-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I also had a teacher in grade 5, just as I hit puberty and my sister was being drawn into her own children's lives. Mrs. M was wonderful. She recognized my intelligence, especially in writing, she never played favourites in class and I am sure that she sensed my sensitivity but in those days nobody dreamed re what it was about. Still, I didn't want to be centred out. I just wanted to be a kid. She allowed me to do that.
05-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay Love MM The People 4 3,226 08-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Last Post: angel with wings
  Love this song The People 4 4,189 01-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Katz Krew