for women in older bodies
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
for women in older bodies
meaning past menopause. coupla questions. 1. can it start years after the surgery? suddenly we are ready to shave the head, more spacey than ever even before the meds. 2 and hair has stopped growing in the pits. Never heard of that one but we don't go around talkin about this grossness.

KA on behalf of elders who are hiding in a cave and not coming out until brain kicks in.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: for women in older bodies
Menopause . . . eu . . . I still haven't come to terms with it because our mental age doesn't collate with our body age, but this did happen to us some years ago. There are definitely changes: there are definitely some hair growth that diminishes here and there and everywhere, not just the pits. It's not gross, it's just medical. Sometimes hormones help some people especially if they feel like they're losing their minds because of the hormone shifts... a lot of women swear by the oral hormones. I've tried them and not noticed a huge mental difference, but it did help with urinary tract infections and vaginal dryness, which can be uncomfortable. Depending on what symptoms you are having the most problem with, will help you decide what hormone replacement therapy to use, if any. The most innocuous are simply vaginal hormone suppositories instilled a few times a week to keep things working properly and keep the vaginal walls from thinning out too much. The big issue for many women with this thinning is bladder issues, so sometimes the hormones are really useful for remedying this. Yes, there are herbal products, but I personally have not found them to be useful for my issues. At any rate, the best person to talk to is a doctor. Just be really clear about what your main complaints are, and the doctor should be able to suggest the best and safest plan of attack. Believe me, the relief is tremendous once the right Rx is found.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-16-2016, 11:07 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Had surgery 6 years ago. don't think I need pills. not for that anyway
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Still People, doesn't surgery take away your body's ability to even produce those hormones? I don't know much about it so I'm asking you. I thought that if you have reproductive organs removed that now the need for HRT (Hormone Replacement) can sometimes become more necessary. But then, when my mom had her surgery, she seemed to do okay, other than moisture issues and such. Just wondering. I keep thinking about what happens to males when they have an orchidectomy (testicle removal) and they need to use testosterone to maintain their secondary sex characteristics. I don't know if it is the same for women, considering the huge number of females that have surgery. Obviously the issues surrounding surgery are quite different than the issues brought on by menopause. I am not trying to pry or be forward in any way. I am simply curious (I have an insatiable curiosity that gets me into more trouble than you can imagine). If you can illuminate me in any way (that you feel comfortable with, of course), I would appreciate it. Thanks People.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  growing older stinks mosaic 3 3,295 09-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Cammy