Alberta
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Alberta
Bearing in mind that Alberta is a large province in the world's second largest province - geographically - this is still weird. 5 hours north of me there has been a fire burning out of control where a few thousand houses burned to the ground. Last I hear it was moving off to Saskatchewan, the province that is such a rectangle. Then 3-4 hours south of me it is snowing. It is a weird world we live in.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-12-2016, 04:32 AM
Find Reply
morethanjustlex Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Alberta
Hey there,
So nice to meet a fellow Canadian, I'm in Ontario.
The Fort Mac fires were devastating, I hope you are okay and that nobody you love was affected!!!
Curious to know if you've found any helpful programs or therapists in Canada, I'm not having the best luck with that and am currently scared off disclosing to any new therapists as I've been accused of malingering and dramatic lying in the past. The last thing we need.
Check out my welcome wagon post for an idea of who we are Smile
Lex
06-21-2016, 11:26 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
great to see another Canadian! we're originally from Canada too.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-22-2016, 06:12 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Hey fellow Canucks! Wish I could afford to fly down! We could have a meet up like some others used to have here. I don't like staying in peoples homes unless I know them well and hotel... I have airmiles but...

Anyway, morethanjustlex I am in Edmonton and except for occasional smoke we were good here. The city was crazy with people coming in. Some friends lost their homes but they are strong and will move forward.
06-23-2016, 02:18 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
So cool to meet another fellow Canadian. I live in Southern Alberta and many of us are pooling our resources to help those displaced by the horrible fires up North.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-07-2016, 06:32 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

You are in AB Igraine? Don't think we knew that! 4 Canadians! Wow! Today they announced that it is officially the worst natural disaster Canada has ever had.

KA
07-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Other/All/Unsure Family Day in Alberta! The People 3 3,246 02-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  Definitely fall here in Northern Alberta! The People 6 4,133 09-29-2016, 02:15 AM
Last Post: The People