Hi.
Unnamed System Offline

Threads: 1
Hi.
I'm Lilly. I'm 13-14 and homeschooling 9th grade. I'm part of a multiple system but none of us have a formal DID diagnosis. Why not? Well we don't really 100% agree with the psychiatric model of DID at least for ourselves and we don't fit in with how it's "supposed" to work. Anyway the body is older than I am so you don't have to worry about legality with me being here. Oh I should specify that yeah we do have trauma, we're not the kind that does the natural plural tag on Tumblr and has zero trauma but we don't all think we "split" from something. Some of us do, some of us don't. It's all different. Anyway, our main thing right now is we're all trying to have our own lives and pursue separate interests. It's hard when the body's the only legal identity and we have to sort of "share" when it doesn't actually make sense to. Oh well. Others will post soon I hope but I'm just checking it out for them first.

- Lilly
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 12:34 AM by Unnamed System.)
09-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Hi.
Welcome to MM. This is great place to find support and talk with other people.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
09-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Hi Lilly and those with you,

Welcome to the forums. We hope you like it here.

MDs
09-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Website Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
hihi I agree with you when we think about us. i do not think i am disordered no. this is the way i am. we have trauma but i am not disordered or a fragment of anything. I am just me. We have other things like very bad depression and anxiety we take medication for it because it does not get better enough without medication but being multiple is not a sickness. You can have problems from being multiple when people don't know how to cooperate good but then everyone has to learn to work together like if you were all in different bodies but living in the same house or working on a group project. But it doesn't mean it's like an infection and you have to take a pill. it doesn't work like that. ya and its hard when you have one body and you can only have one legal name and one job and one ID. and that really stinks a lot if your body does not match. I am lucky because I am a girl and my body is a girl but we have boys in here and that's not very fun for them. and I am a kid but my body is old and we have to do old people things like work and cleaning the house and dumb things like that I hate and I can't wear clothes I like. I have to wear boring adult clothes and be all boring in my office on my boring computer doing boring things ALL DAY.

byby
sidra
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
09-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
(09-06-2014, 07:45 AM)The Warren Wrote: hihi I agree with you when we think about us. i do not think i am disordered no. this is the way i am. we have trauma but i am not disordered or a fragment of anything. I am just me. We have other things like very bad depression and anxiety we take medication for it because it does not get better enough without medication but being multiple is not a sickness. You can have problems from being multiple when people don't know how to cooperate good but then everyone has to learn to work together like if you were all in different bodies but living in the same house or working on a group project. But it doesn't mean it's like an infection and you have to take a pill. it doesn't work like that. ya and its hard when you have one body and you can only have one legal name and one job and one ID. and that really stinks a lot if your body does not match. I am lucky because I am a girl and my body is a girl but we have boys in here and that's not very fun for them. and I am a kid but my body is old and we have to do old people things like work and cleaning the house and dumb things like that I hate and I can't wear clothes I like. I have to wear boring adult clothes and be all boring in my office on my boring computer doing boring things ALL DAY.

byby
sidra

warren, you hit it right on. you said you cant wear what you want and have to wear boring adult clothes. why?
I am young too, but in an old adult body, closing in on 50.
I dress young, and I am often mistaken for someone in their 20's. I even put pink or purple in my hair. I don't care what people think and will be who I am. I am kinda rebellious, cause if someone complains, I up it. I offer no explanation for what I do. either you like me or you don't. I like who I am so I will be it.
if you cant be that at work, do it on your off time.
I know a guy who is very business like and is a president/ceo for a company. but on his down time, he wears shorts and a tee and roller blades in the park with bottles on his head. when his company found out, they were taken aback. that was beneath them. he ended up later coming out and telling them he was multiple.
so be yourself.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
09-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Find Reply