Mosaic Minds Community Forums
chronic pain - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Health Center (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: chronic pain (/showthread.php?tid=678)

chronic pain - dreamers - 12-03-2012

dear world,
my headache does not go away. It gets better down to about a 3 out of 10 at time but, it never goes away. So, when you repeatedly ask if it has gone away you just annoy me. Better questions include, how are you dealing with the headache today? or Is it a relatively light or heavy headache day today? Also, If you could please render all home-remedy suggestions on paper where they can be more easily ignored that would be great appreciated because all such suggestions have the effect of making me feel blamed like if only I would ( suggestion here) all of this would go away.

RE: chronic pain - Reilly - 12-04-2012

Hi Dreamers.
Sorry you are suffering. Hope you feel better soon.

RE: chronic pain - dragonfairy - 03-31-2013

I am so sorry to hear of your suffering. I suffer from frequent migraines so I can in a small way relate to the pain of a headache just not on a daily basis as I take a daily regamine of meds to keep it at bay. Is there anything that the doc have found that they also could possibly give you in order to control these headaches in order to give you some form of relief? Wishing you all the best and hoping that somehow the doctors can find a way to help you!

RE: chronic pain - Cammy - 03-31-2013

So sorry for your pain. I've done the migraine thing since I've been 15 years old, so I have some small idea of how paralyzing and annoying and totally life encompassing chronic pain can be. Are you able to get any sleep at all with this? I hope you feel better. Hope that things quiet down at least to a dull roar.

RE: chronic pain - dragonfairy - 04-10-2013

(03-31-2013, 08:45 PM)Igraine Wrote: So sorry for your pain. I've done the migraine thing since I've been 15 years old, so I have some small idea of how paralyzing and annoying and totally life encompassing chronic pain can be. Are you able to get any sleep at all with this? I hope you feel better. Hope that things quiet down at least to a dull roar.

RE: chronic pain - dragonfairy - 04-10-2013

I have to take a daily dose of migraine pills along with a nasal spray that I must take on the onset of a migraine to try and keep my under a tolerable control. Has your doctor tried anything like that for you in order to try to at least manage yours a bit better. I am not saying that it completely makes them stop at all but it at least cuts back on having them daily to having them maybe a few times a week to even sometime only once a week. Just curious as I know how painful they are and how I just lie in bed crying and praying for it to be over with!! I have had migraines since I was 11 and I don't wish them on anyone as you know as well as I do they hurt so bad you would do anything just to pop your head off just to make them stop! I hope you are at least on the low end of the pain scale right now dreamers. Thinking of you and hoping today has been a better day for you!!

(12-03-2012, 11:06 PM)dreamers Wrote: dear world,
my headache does not go away. It gets better down to about a 3 out of 10 at time but, it never goes away. So, when you repeatedly ask if it has gone away you just annoy me. Better questions include, how are you dealing with the headache today? or Is it a relatively light or heavy headache day today? Also, If you could please render all home-remedy suggestions on paper where they can be more easily ignored that would be great appreciated because all such suggestions have the effect of making me feel blamed like if only I would ( suggestion here) all of this would go away.

RE: chronic pain - dreamers - 11-24-2016

odd that i dont know which of us wrote this. sorry thiy never answered back thanks everyone.

RE: chronic pain - The People - 11-26-2016

Migraines have been connected with switching. Or something similar to migraines. Too much happening with the brain? Trying to block something out? Mine have gotten 99% better since I have dealt with things. And since the switching has become smoother. We used acupuncture years ago and it helped but it was with someone we trusted.

RE: chronic pain - Cammy - 12-08-2016

I have the issue of switching and migraine, as well as Chinook winds and migraine, lack of sleep and migraine, and MSG/Aspartame/Sulfites and migraine, psychological upset and migraine, and so on and so forth. Triggers abound for those who have this issue, but I have noticed that switching, when traumatically triggered definitely leaves me with a blinding pulsatile 'banger'. Since I do not have more than 14 migraine days a month I do not qualify for pain center management nor Botox injections, however a friend of mine has gotten relief from the Botox. Finally, she's got something that helps. As a chronic migraine patient, she was covered by her medical plan for the Botox. Previous to that she used acupuncture connected to a TENS that helped push the headaches back from a 10 to a 4. Other people I've known with this issue have had no relief, even from the every popular Sumatriptan Succinate, until they started injecting it rather than using the oral form of the medication. Most likely the Original Poster has tried all of these things with no success. I can only say that I truly emphathize at how debilitating and depressing this is. Unfortunately, no amount of sympathy or empathy can make the pain better, and for that I am truly sorry.

RE: chronic pain - Peaches - 12-08-2016

Hi everyone. I am new to Mosaic Minds. Nice to meet all of you. I suffer from crazy headaches too. Regularly. I am sorry to hear you are suffering. Certain things help me. Regular sleep, eating well, fresh air. I also take prescription migraine medication sometimes which helps. I just discovered the rubbing Vick's vaporub on my remple and back of my neck helped a little too. Feel better