Mosaic Minds Community Forums
Maybe MT Re Ed - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Therapy Lane (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Maybe MT Re Ed (/showthread.php?tid=2570)

Maybe MT Re Ed - The People - 04-27-2018

I struggle with an eating disorder. I have had the binge part all my life. Binging when one has Celiac Disease is challenging. Not many foods and also expensive. So sometimes I eat things I shouldn't have. Worse still, I have taken up alcohol. Beer or wine. With so much of that in my genes I worry. And my fat stomach is so bloated again. I do not wish to become an alcoholic. I do not wish to get fatter again. But the same ones who used to binge now drink

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - just peachy - 04-28-2018

hi all what is mt re ed sometimes when reading these posts I feel like an alien I have no clue sometimes what people are taking about .. hi people so sorry to hear that about the eating and alcohol problems ...it is funny to hear you talk about this I was thinking today about that stuff and how hard It must be to grow up with mom or dad or sis or bro with alcohol , food ,binging problem and then you get that same addiction ..I was thinking to myself it must be devastating to deal with it on both ends .. not that I am no expert t on this matter .. I think your heading in the right direction cuz your talking about the problem and your not denying it ..and you are also taking steps to make a change ..I remember you talking about this in other posts ..you are also doing good self care and taking steps to make a change in your behavior ..just peachy

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - The People - 05-25-2018

Thanks for the encouragement just peachy! Smile

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - nats - 05-26-2018

hi jp, mt re ed = 'may trigger regarding eating disorder' it may seem strange shorthand now, but you may find yourselves using some of these abbreviations one day!

hi People. binging, on anything, is hard. hard on your body and brain, and super hard to stop once these habits develop. what did you do to convince yourselves to eat/drink more healthily the last time you were successful in reducing?

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - The People - 05-28-2018

We have fallen off the healthy wagon many times. PDoc says that most people with ED battle it for most of their lives. When I realize I am slipping I will back off. Sometimes it is hard work.

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - nats - 05-29-2018

that makes a lot of sense. hope it goes well!

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - just peachy - 05-30-2018

hi the people you are welcome don't give up on yourself your therapist is right about having to deal with it your whole life ..I hav e been thinking about it in my own life with my own eating habits ...I struggle with it terribly .. weight struggles gaining weight then losing weight up and down ..I know since I take blood pressure meds its much harder to lose weight then .I tend to gain more weight on meds then when I don't take meds at all..i have lost 48 ibs since last yr and my dr said I could stop blood press meds .but now I find I am getting so depressed for some reason or another mostly having to deal with the did issues I am having real hard time eating healthy again and back to eating garbage food again ..jp

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - The People - 05-30-2018

JP - I don't know if you worked this hard before you found us but you really seem to be pushing yourself. While this is good it can bring up things it is hard to deal with. Sometimes we need to refocus on something that will calm the brain down.

RE: Maybe MT Re Ed - Cammy - 06-19-2018

People: I'm sorry you have to struggle with an eating disorder. My friend who has OCD and severe anxiety disorder has similar issues. Unfortunately she allowed the alcohol to really become a major element in how she kept herself calm, how she got through a normal day, how she was able to make herself eat, and how she got to sleep at night. She never meant for it to take over as much as it did, but when a substance gives you a reprieve from your issues, the temptation to use it is strong. She just got out of rehab last week. The alcohol was leaving her without money to pay her rent, not to mention the physical toll it was taking. I just want to implore you to keep an eye on how this is progressing in your life. It tends to sneak up on you until one day you wake up and realize that the addiction is so severe that stopping is not only impossible, but also life-threatening. Please take special care.