Mosaic Minds Community Forums
Another question re envy/jealousy - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Main Street (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: Steam Room (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Another question re envy/jealousy (/showthread.php?tid=2545)

Another question re envy/jealousy - The People - 02-24-2018

I see so much stuff about helping people with mental disabilities. Fundraising for Special Olympics is a big one.

The only mental health issue that appears to receive any money at all is Schizophrenia. Why? They cannot even speak of us. Why? I try to talk to friends about it. Well, I used to until I started hearing walls. People don't get it.

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - mosaic - 02-24-2018

i think schizophrenia is ... easier for the general population to "get". and i think DID is something that requires others to acknowledge that great evil happens in young people's lives, and that is too uncomfortable for most people to sit with.

not sure if that made any sense

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - The People - 02-26-2018

However, there are so many stories out there.People know this happens to kids and that not all of them are helped. I would give examples but I am sure you know your own. What do they think happens to the ones who don't get help? I guess it is scary for them to imagine.

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - nats - 02-27-2018

i also think that something like schizophrenia is more familiar. people feel like they understand it somewhat even if they don't. DID is viewed much more subjectively.

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - The People - 02-28-2018

It is true that it is harder to comprehend. All the more reason money should go into making people more aware of it. To know the real stuff. I see a lot of commonalities b/t Aspergers and DID. I told a T that and she agreed with me to some extent. The difference is that one comes with Aspergers. The DID is done with extra sharp pencil crayons.

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - nats - 03-01-2018

yes, maybe its a combination of easier to assume its something else and easier to pretend people don't do the kinds of things that create it. hence perfect storm for it to be something very unpopular to advocate for. However, PTSD is now mainstream, as is LGBTQ, so perhaps our time will come as well. I guess we all have ways we can help normalise multiplicity and promote it as way of being that isn't as dangerous as currently sensationalised in films etc.

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - The People - 03-02-2018

I think people are afraid of us, just as with Schizophrenia a few decade ago. Back then they were portrayed as dangerous and now we are.

I used to be friends with a woman, for many years prior to her learning of my condition. Her first question?"Would any of them hurt my children?" I had babysat her kids many times and she had seen me at my best and worst. I didn't get angry as she was supposed to be protecting her kids. But she never tried to understand. We are no longer friends.

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - nats - 03-03-2018

yes, probably a big part of it. we've also noticed that people never seem to try to understand. even the usually curious ones...

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - just peachy - 03-07-2018

hi nats and the people I was reading your posts and totally agree with both of you !!!! it is quite annoying to say the least how people do respond in that way of being curious and not take the time to understand why we are the way we are and how unfortunate our lives have become cuz of all the past trauma ..I am currently struggling with a pcp primary care dr who thinks I am nuts for saying to him that I have did ...he got so angry when I said will you let me keep you as my pcp dr ..his response was lets see what happens as if to say to me like he was concerned I was going to turn into the { I cant remember the name of the tv show but someone remind me of the name of it if they remember it .. ) was it called the incredible hulk or am I thinking of another show .? the shows star was bill Bixby and lou ferrigno they were dual stars that played the role and when the shows actor got angry he would swell up and get angry and turn green then when he was nice he would turn in to his regular self ..with this current pcp dr I always feel anxious when I go to him cuz he makes my hair stand on end I keep thinking that todays the day he will dump me and say find another dr to care for you cause of all the unpredictability that comes with did just peachy

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - just peachy - 03-07-2018

hi nats and the people I was reading your posts and totally agree with both of you !!!! it is quite annoying to say the least how people do respond in that way of being curious and not take the time to understand why we are the way we are and how unfortunate our lives have become cuz of all the past trauma ..I am currently struggling with a pcp primary care dr who thinks I am nuts for saying to him that I have did ...he got so angry when I said will you let me keep you as my pcp dr ..his response was lets see what happens as if to say to me like he was concerned I was going to turn into the { I cant remember the name of the tv show but someone remind me of the name of it if they remember it .. ) was it called the incredible hulk or am I thinking of another show .? the shows star was bill Bixby and lou ferrigno they were dual stars that played the role and when the shows actor got angry he would swell up and get angry and turn green then when he was nice he would turn in to his regular self ..with this current pcp dr I always feel anxious when I go to him cuz he makes my hair stand on end I keep thinking that todays the day he will dump me and say find another dr to care for you cause of all the unpredictability that comes with did just peachy

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - just peachy - 03-08-2018

hi all a thought has come to me , why are people so afraid of us people with did ? I try so hard it never seems to be enough ..I am quite frustrated ,lately more so then in the past . I sometimes often feel like a freak like in some ways I am not normal ..often I have been really disconnected detached from people ..not on purpose I have just tried to get away from and keep away from unhealthy sick people . ( there are lots and lots of them at the bus terminal . ) but somehow I never fully succeed 100 percent !!!! I am not beating myself down ,I am being just really honest about all of this . I hope no one IS offended in what I am about to write cuz its not meant in any way to be that way .. but I dream and wish often that at least one time I could turn on my computer and come here to m .m inds and find or say to myself that gee I cant relate to this person or that person .. or I don't know how this person feels cuz I don't feel like they do . but sadly I cant say any of these things , cuz I can relate very much what others think and feel and experience on a day to day basis cuz I have did just like they do .oh how I wish it weren't so... I was curious does any one here relate to the mixed up muddled feelings like I feel from time to time ?or to anything that I asked about in the above questions I wrote about I am just curious if any of you do .peace and blessings just peachy

RE: Another question re envy/jealousy - The People - 03-10-2018

Something you said JP.I think that to outsiders it is a cross between unbelievable and paranormal. To them, we are just weird. Why isn't there a day for dissociative disorders?Some disabilities get a whole month.